"THINGS or PEOPLE" may make it harder for us to reach our goals, but WE are the only ones responsible for decisions we make.
Top 10 Nutritional Rules to Follow
- Eat small, frequent meals. 5-6 meals a day, spaced evenly through out the day.
- Each Meal should contain a “serving” of lean Protein and Complex Carbohydrate.
- Try to consume 1 gram of Lean Protein per pound of desired body weight.
- Limit food that contains white flour and sugar. (White Poison)
- Become aware of portion sizes. Weigh and measure things if you are not sure.
- Have your “starchy” type of carbs early in the day. Evening meal should be lean protein and veggies.
- Coffee, tea, and diet soda are ok in moderations, as long as you are getting at least 64 oz of plain water a day.
- KEEP A FOOD LOG! Write in it when you eat, not at the end of the day.
- One day a week allow yourself to have a few things you would not normally eat. NOT the whole day, just a meal or two.
- When you slip up, learn from your mistake. Don’t beat yourself up. Then just get right back on track.
SOME SUGGESTED READING:
- Everyday Paleo by Sara Fragoso
- “The Complete book of Food Counts”—by Corinne T. Netzer
- “Everything you Need to Know About Fat Loss”—by Chris Aceto
- “Master Your Metabolism” By: Jillian Micheals
- “The Eat Clean Diet Book” by Tosca Reno (also Eat Clean for Men and Kids)
- “Eat This, Not That” By David Zinczenko ) also “Eat This, Not That “for Kids
ACE Certified Lifestyle and Weight Management Consultant
National Level Competitive Bodybuilder